Molecular diagnostic is mainly based on the analysis and study of human genes from which especially can understand the diseases and the level of susceptibility and the ways to control and treat them. Many gene mutations are occurring associated with different diseases. This field of genetics leads towards more personalized medicine with a proactive approach.
What are the equipment and supplies?
There are specific lab equipment and supplies needed for molecular diagnostics to analyze red flags in a sequence of genetic codes. Some of those techniques used include STR analysis, PCR amplification, nucleic acid isolation and sequencing. A lab for molecular diagnostic includes equipment and supplies as follows:
- Freezer- These are used for storing samples and tissue cultures that are frozen. You can also get a refrigerator and a freezer combination unit by buying them separately depending on the space needed and available for sample storage. The temperature Should range from 20° Celsius to 80° Celsius.
- Refrigerator- refrigerator is used for storing chemicals and the products of a polymerase chain reaction at an optimum temperature of four degrees Celsius.The polymerase chain reaction is mainly to analyze gene expression sequencing, cloning genotyping, and mutagenesis.
- Centrifuge- The molecular diagnostic lab includes a refrigerated centrifuge having 5,000 RPM and the non-refrigerator centrifuge depending upon the required temperature. Centrifuges are only used for separating the components that are based on density. Microcentrifugeis mainly used that have 15,000 RPM meant for 1.5 ml tubes.
- A spectrophotometer determines nucleic acid quantification, measuring the light absorption and the quantity of the chemicals present in the solution.This light passes through the compounds and simple transmit The light over a wavelength.
- Thermal cycler- These are required to study the polymerase chain reaction. They have cooling, heating and control over the precise temperature that can ensure the uniformity of temperature. They also amplify the segments of DNA using PCR.
- DNA sequencer- sequencer or mainly used for observing them a molecular sequence of DNA and resulting bands of DNA sequence show how the effects of the enzyme DNA. DNS sequencer is also used for determining the order of cytosine, guanine, thiamine and adenine.
Molecular diagnostic labs have a huge impact on the treatment of all patients due to which the infectious disease is treated in a shorter duration of time and with more accuracy. In this type of lab, all the techniques analyze the biological markers in the genome and proteome.